It’s the end of a big year and understandably, putting your feet up and watching the cricket is more likely to be your top priority. We know!
Before you do however, now is the best time to consider the importance of preventative electrical maintenance – if you haven’t already, especially if the currency of the premises is your responsibility.
Here’s our top 5 reasons why we think you should:
- Safety – To avoid potential injuries to personnel, it is important that the equipment used is maintained at the highest standards. Regular testing can confirm your network is working properly and avoid emergency situations and outages, which, in terms of safety concerns, may be too late.
- Efficiency – Preventative maintenance assures the efficiency and speed of your electrical or communication equipment. Over time normal wear and tear can result in diminishing efficiency. By planning for scheduled maintenance, the energy and life of your equipment is conserved. Which is proven to also result in less strain if it has gone through regular maintenance programs.
- Immediate Savings – For many reasons, money can be saved when conducting preventative vs. emergency maintenance. Preventative maintenance costs less to facilitate than a large repair or replacement. Additionally, knowing when a scheduled shutdown will occur allows you to staff accordingly.
- Long-term Savings – During an emergency shutdown situation, the immediacy required can cause both parts and labor to be priced at a premium, if they are available at all. Preventative maintenance also allows your equipment to run at higher capacities for longer, allowing you to get the most from your investments.
- Time Savings – Preventative maintenance procedures, for the most part, take less time to complete than emergency repairs and replacements. Also, because you can plan for equipment outages during maintenance, you can avoid an outage when you need your equipment the most.
Typical items that require regular maintenance and testing include:
- Downlight barriers
- Smoke Alarms
- Safety Switches
- Server Infrastructure
Additionally, we could help you get things organised for the new year ahead by adding or updating:
- Data points
- Phone points
- Power points
- Lighting Indoor/Outdoor/Security
- Energy Efficiency Rating
Have you considered a preventative maintenance schedule for your premises?