ComSpark Pty Ltd is committed to the protection of personal privacy and has adopted a policy to protect information about individuals.
We may collect personal information from Users (You) in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when You visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. You may be asked for, as appropriate, Your name, company name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and other information about products and services You or Your company may express interest in or request. You may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from You only if You voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent You from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-personal information about You whenever You interact with our Site. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised, the name of the domain from which access to the Site was obtained, the date and time the Site was accessed, the pages accessed while visiting the Site, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
ComSpark Pty Ltd may collect and use Your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information You provide helps us respond to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise Your experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We may use feedback You provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service or as may be required of us by law or to investigate any suspected unlawful activity.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature – To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – We may use Your email address to send You information and updates pertaining to Your order. It may also be used to respond to Your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If You decide to opt-in to our mailing list, You will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or You may contact us via our Site.
How we protect Your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Any sensitive and/or private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information stored on servers accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. These activities are undertaken at your risk.
Sharing Your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share Your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that You have given us Your permission.
Access and correction of personal information
You may request access to Your personal information collected through this Site at any time. Please send an email at the contact address shown on this Site. If any information is incorrect please advise ComSpark Pty Ltd and it will be updated.
Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on 19 August 2012.